Volunteers donate thousands of hours of service each year and are an important part of fulfilling the Presbyterian Night Shelter’s mission. Without volunteers, our staff simply couldn’t provide the services and programs our clients need.
Please note that we have updated some of the volunteer procedures. If you have questions about these changes, please contact the volunteer coordinator.
How to become a Presbyterian Night Shelter volunteer:
Note: Volunteers must be 12 years old to volunteer campus wide or 7 and up to volunteer in the Lowdon-Schutts Building for women and children. All volunteers under 18 years old should be accompanied by an adult.
1. Download the volunteer application.
a. If we have a group who fills out the application?
- The group leader fills out the majority of the application
- Group members are asked to review the Code of Conduct and Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement and complete the last page by providing: Name, phone number, e-mail address and signature.
- If the group is planning to regularly (monthly, weekly or daily) volunteer in Lowdon-Schutts Building for women and children or Safe Haven for the mentally ill then ALL group members must complete a background release form and pay a $15 processing fee.
2. Send the completed application and fees to the attention of the Volunteer Coordinator to the address on the application.
- 1. A $15 fee and completed background check is required for volunteers at all buildings.
- 2. If volunteers are not sure what building they would like to provide service to, but would like Safe Haven and Lowdon-Schutts as a possibility – they should send ALL required forms and fees.
3. The Volunteer Coordinator will contact volunteers regarding their applications and to schedule all orientations.
4. After orientation is complete, the volunteer will be ready to serve Presbyterian Night Shelter based on available opportunities.
5. The Volunteer Coordinator can always be contacted with any questions