STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS (SOQ) DOCUMENTS FOR THE PRESBYTERIAN NIGHT SHELTER BATHROOM RENOVATION PROJECT
The Presbyterian Night Shelter (PNS) is calling for a demonstration of qualifications to perform professional services associated with the bathroom renovation project. The project will consist of the following:
- New tile floor & walls
- Correct malfunctioning plumbing, replace all malfunctioning toilets & urinals, replace all fixtures, sinks, stainless steel countertops, and provide port-o-potties during renovation
- Painting of ceilings
- Correct A/C & heating units and replace exhaust systems
- Update lighting, hand blowers, and other electrical related issues
- Repair & replace entry doorways
A general contractor will not be used for this project; a SOQ may be submitted for each specific improvement area or a combination of improvements. Each vendor must demonstrate experience working with federal funds and must provide an industry license if applicable.
A pre-SOQ conference is scheduled for May 7, 2012 from 10:00am-12:00pm at the Presbyterian Night Shelter, located at 2400 Cypress St. Fort Worth, Texas 76102. Failure to attend the pre-SOQ conference will impact a potential vendor’s ability to submit a fully informed statement of qualification. Attendance is not mandatory but is strongly encouraged.
The SOQ documents and revisions, if any, may be viewed and printed on-line on the PNS website, www.pns-tc.org.
1. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Respondents must provide three copies of written responses on 8 1/2 by 11 inch pages and 10 pages maximum.
1.1 FIRM QUALIFICATIONS
This part of the response should demonstrate the firm’s qualifications and capacity to perform the task associated with the chosen project.
Responses to this part must include the following information:
- Firm’s experience with projects requiring Davis Bacon compliance
- List of team members working on project
- Detail the role and responsibility of each team member as it relates to the project
- Contact information of each team member assigned to the project
- List of references with names and contact information
1.2 EXPERIENCE WITH SIMILAR PROJECTS
This part of the response should contain information that demonstrates the firm’s experience with similar projects. Provide information for at least two projects with similar scope. Responses to this part should include the project name; project scope; project team members and their role; and proven ability to meet project deadlines. In addition, responses should demonstrate the ability of the firm to submit weekly Davis Bacon payrolls in a timely fashion.
1.3 DETAILED EXPLANATION WITH EXPENSE OF COMPLETING SELECTED PROJECTS
This part of the response should contain detailed explanations of how the project will be completed and the cost of completing the project.
2. EVALUATION CRITERIA
The Presbyterian Night Shelter will evaluate all responses on the following criteria:
- Firm’s qualifications – 20 points
- Experience with similar projects – 20 points
- Explanation of completing the project – 40 points
- Explanation of the cost associated with the project – 20 points
3. SUBMISSION DEADLINE
Responses to this SOQ are due to the Presbyterian Night Shelter by 4:00pm on May 25, 2012. Late responses will be rejected.
4. GENERAL TERMS
Any submittals including all attachments and rejected submittals are public information and are subject to the Texas Open Records Act and Federal Freedom of Information Act.
5. COPIES AND DELIVERY
The 3 copies of the responses must be received by the submission deadline at the following address listed below. Responses shall be placed in a sealed envelope addressed to Toby Owen and clearly marked “STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE PREBYTERIAN NIGHT SHELTER BATHROOM RENOVATION PROJECT”.
Mailing & Delivery Address:
Presbyterian Night Shelter
2400 Cypress St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
Attn: Toby Owen
6. PRESBYTERIAN NIGHT SHELTER CONTACT
Questions regarding this SOQ must be submitted in writing via email by Monday May 21, 2012. Significant and relevant questions will be posted on the PNS website at www.pns-tc.org by Wednesday May 23, 2012.
Any questions should be directed to:
Toby Owen, Executive Director